Welcome to Our Outdoor Lighting Section!
Introduction to Outdoor Lighting
There are so many ways in which you can revitalize your outdoor areas, and one very popular option is the addition of outdoor lighting. By installing various types of lighting to your outdoor landscape areas, you can showcase your gardens, water features, patios, fireplaces or barbeques once the sun goes down. This also means that you and your family can enjoy these areas at night as well as during the day!
Outdoor lighting serves so many functions, the main could be said to be the creation of visual appeal of installing lighting to certain spots of your landscape. Well, not only is outdoor lighting used for its aesthetic and dramatic quality, but lighting is also used for security reasons. Installing flood lights and spot lights in darker areas of your property can add to the security of your home.
Also, by installing lights along your walkways, pathways and driveways, you are making entering and exiting your property much safer for the family and guests. One idea might be to install Paver Lights into the surface of your walkways, so there is permanent lighting, ensuring that no one trips or slips over in the dark and possibly injuring them selves.
Outdoor lighting is also used to highlight and accentuate particular features that you may have in your landscape. If you have a waterfall, pond, fountain, sculpture, statue or a beautiful garden, lighting can be applied to create a focal point to such stunning features at night. This way the hard work, time and money that you have spent on your landscape is viewable at night time also!
Tips for Lighting Your Garden
- It is a good idea to use a combination of up lighting, side lighting and down lighting to create appeal and to highlight the special features of your landscape.
- For large areas and for security purposes, use standard voltage, but for creating focal points use low voltage lighting.
- Shine the most light on your doorways to provide safe guidance for visitors.
- Light up your pathways and walkways, this will create safety for the family and guests at night time.
- Subtle lighting is much more effective than too much lighting which can spoil the whole affect.
- If you want to light up a feature, use three dimensional lighting techniques, rather than using one bright light.
- Always purchase quality fittings and accessories, for you want them to be durable.
- Use timers to light up the gardens at night, providing an excellent security device for when the house may be empty. Or perhaps you may even choose to use Solar lights, which are much more energy efficient and cost effective!
Home and Garden Lighting
There is such a wide range of Home and Garden Lighting available on the market today, that it can get confusing. The main thing to keep in mind is what exactly you want to light up and create a focal point out of. We recommend that you speak to a lighting professional in specific terms.
For instance, if you want to install lighting into your decking, the garden, your walkways and driveway, or to the water feature and pool, there will be some lights which are better for each particular function. Motion detectors may be better for walkways and entrances to the home, while spot lights may be better to highlight your beautiful fountain!
Be careful to map out your plans for new Landscape Lighting, this way you can get an idea of how many lights you will be needing and whether or not you may be going over board or not. It is said that subtle landscape lighting is much more visually pleasing than having too much lighting going on and hence loosing the great effect you were going after in the first place. So, take the time to prepare and plan, draw some diagrams, or perhaps seek the help of a lighting design professional!
A lighting professional with design experience can also assist you in choosing the right type of Specialty Lighting for your particular needs. There are so many things you need to know when lighting up your landscape features, like when do you use low voltage or high voltage lights, can you use recessed lighting for outdoor projects, when to apply LED lights or solar lighting?
Every special feature in your landscape has the correct type of specialty lighting needed to enhance its beauty at night!